Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Days 11 & 12..

No doubt you've all heard about what's been happening here in Queensland, Australia! I'm still in shock that this has happened & for Brisbane is still happening! My heart & prayers go out to those who have lost loved ones, to those who have lost everything they own! We were lucky, the Gold Coast got very wet, but that was pretty much it! Most of my family live in Brisbane & I thank God they are safe! I have dear friends who may have lost their beautiful home & anything that they couldn't save & it breaks my heart! but they are safe & that's the most important thing! No work for hubby as Brisbane City is where he works a few of the buildings he visits have water in the basements! Southbank where he is supposed to be tomorrow is quickly going under! There's so much devastation & it's not over yet! The Brisbane River is yet to peak, which will be sometime tomorrow, there are all sorts of things floating down the river! I just pray that the rain holds off & the flood waters ease so the clean up can start & the re-building of our communities can begin! These natural disasters happen all over the world & it's always so sad when you hear about it, when it happens in your backyard & the Government announces that 75% of your state has been declared a disaster zone... it's devastating, it's heart breaking & it makes us realise just how vulnerable we really are! Take care my beautiful friends :) xx

Day 11. Waiting for the rain to stop!!


Day 12. The sun is shining... never thought I'd be so happy to be woken by this bright shining light!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG the above picture is breath taking! I love looking at your pictures every day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary Tanya,
    I heard about all the flooding but sadly have no idea where all my beautiful friends across the world actually are.
    I agree it must be so different when it is affecting you and your loved ones 1st hand.
    I am glad you are all safe,
    the picture of your son thru the window is just stunning.
    I.love.it.
    It needs to be in a frame, or better yet gallery wrapped!!

    ReplyDelete